Tuesday, March 21, 2023
HomeUSA NewsHotel carbon monoxide poisoning leaves 7 in critical condition

Hotel carbon monoxide poisoning leaves 7 in critical condition


Hotel carbon monoxide poisoning leaves 7 in critical condition.

MARYSVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Seven people were hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hampton Inn in Ohio, authorities said.

A total of nine people were taken to local hospitals, according to The shipment of Columbus. Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley told the newspaper the source of the carbon monoxide was unclear, but all those hospitalized had been in the hotel’s pool area.

Riley said the victims included both children and adults. He did not provide exact ages.

Authorities said they received a 911 call Saturday night about a 2-year-old girl who had either fallen into the pool or was found unconscious in the pool at the Hampton Inn in Marysville. More 911 calls soon followed about unconscious people or others reporting symptoms like dizziness and a burning throat, Marysville Police Chief Tony Brooks said.

The hotel was evacuated shortly after. Brooks told the newspaper that all of the injured were alive when transported and that seven of the patients were in critical condition.

Two others were treated at the scene and five more later sought treatment on their own at a hospital, Brooks said.

The Dispatch was unable to reach any member of the hotel’s management on Saturday night. Riley said a Hampton Inn maintenance crew was en route from out of state.

Marysville is about 30 miles (48 kilometers) northwest of Columbus.


Recent Stories

Suggested for you