Halo Infinite Ranked Competitive Mode: Halo Infinite’s multiplayer mode features the Ranked Arena for those looking to put their skills to the test online.
Halo Infinite Ranked Competitive Mode
Compared to Quick Play, this competitive game mode challenges players by removing special on-screen menus and limiting which weapon they can start with.
However, the crux of the ranked arena is the game’s unique way of measuring your skills with others online.
READ MORE: How To Fix Halo Infinite Blue Screen Error?
The graded sand leveling system
As in previous games, players will have to start their qualifying journey by going through 10 placement matches. The game will then place you in one of six ranking categories based on your stats and win-loss history.
The six categories are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Onyx from lowest to highest.
In addition to these categories, each comes with six stages. First, a player must pass to earn a promotion to the next class.
For example, those placed in Gold I must go from Gold II to Gold VI before entering Platinum I and so on. Like location matches, your progress here will also be determined by your stats.
However, if you underperform at a particular stage, you may face degradation.
Graded sand and tail configuration
The Ranked Arena matches are solely skill-based. The settings also differ from Quick Match, ultimately preventing players from using the HUD for help.
Better yet, those in this competitive space have a variety of queue options to choose from to ensure the enemy team is using the same controller input and fireteam size. The queue options and settings are explained here.
- Classified sand configuration
- The radar and grenade location markers are off.
- Players begin each match with the BR75 Battle Rifle.
- Friendly fire is enabled.
- Items throughout the battlefield are nerfed for competitive fairness.
- Assorted sand tails
- Opened: Accepts all players regardless of controller input and current party size.
- Solo / Duets: Restricted for groups of up to two users. Players can choose to be in the keyboard/mouse or control-only waiting rooms.
Classified Arena Maps and Modes
The ranked arena also places restrictions on the maps and modes in which squads will play.
As each ranked match can host up to eight players, the more prominent Big Team Battle maps are not available in this part of multiplayer.
However, here is the current playlist of the game modes mode and its dedicated maps.
- Capture the Flag: Aquarium, Bazaar and Behemoth
- Weirdo: Live fire, reload and streets
- Assassin: Aquarius, Bazaar, Living Fire, Reload and Streets
- Strengths: Live fire, reload and streets