Sunday, November 27, 2022
HomeSportsFrance midfielder N'Golo Kante ruled out of the World Cup

France midfielder N’Golo Kante ruled out of the World Cup

spot_img

After surgery for a hamstring injury, France and Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante will miss the World Cup in Qatar.

Kante, 31, was hurt on August 14 during Chelsea’s 2-2 home draw with Tottenham.

The treatment was successful, the club announced in a statement, although Kante is anticipated to miss four months of action.

It further said that the decision to do the necessary repairs was “mutual.”

According to the statement, the midfielder saw a specialist with the team’s medical staff to investigate his rehabilitation options.

Before last weekend’s game against Aston Villa, Blues manager Graham Potter said that Kante had had a setback in his quest to become healthy again.

In the months leading up to the championship event, which begins in November, many Premier League players, including Kante, who won the World Cup with France in 2018, have had catastrophic injuries.

READ MORE: Crystal Palace’s incredible comeback against managerless Wolves

Reece James, a teammate from Chelsea, is a severe doubt to England after suffering a knee injury against AC Milan in last month’s Champions League match.

Diogo Jota, a striker for Liverpool, had hoped to play for Portugal, but on Tuesday, Jurgen Klopp said the 25-year-old would miss a “long period” due to a calf injury.

RELATED POST

Recent Stories

Suggested for you