Brighton has appointed former Shakhtar Donetsk and Sassuolo manager Roberto de Zerbi.
The 43-year-old Italian has been jobless since leaving Shakhtar in July as a result of the conflict in Ukraine.
Subject to receiving a work visa, De Zerbi has agreed to a four-year deal with the Amex Stadium.
Graham Potter left Brighton to take over for Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea last month and was Brighton’s first pick to replace him.
De Zerbi, a former Napoli player who excelled during his three years as coach at Sassuolo in Italy, has taken his coaching staff with him, albeit everyone will require work permits.
The coaching setup is anticipated to be ready for Brighton’s subsequent encounter against Liverpool at Anfield on October 1.
Tony Bloom, the chairman of Brighton, said: “I am beyond happy that Roberto has agreed to become our next head coach.”
“Roberto’s sides play an exciting and brave brand of football, and I am certain that his style and tactical approach will fit our current group brilliantly,” said the coach.
“Roberto has demonstrated his undeniable talent with his work in Italy and Ukraine, and what he did at Sassuolo clearly stands out,” stated technical director David Weir.
Before the war abruptly ended his tenure at Shakhtar, he had continued success there, guiding the team to cup victories and the top spot in the Ukrainian league.
Since Sami Hyypia’s resignation in 2014, De Zerbi has only served as Brighton’s third permanent manager.
He arrived in England Friday night and spent Saturday at the Amex Stadium watching a friendly match behind closed doors.
They are in fourth place in the Premier League and haven’t played since Potter left due to rescheduled games against Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.