5 Canada-announced perks for Indian students: Canada has revealed several advantages for international students coming to study there. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has made several adjustments, including increasing the number of students and removing limitations on working hours (IRCC).
Canada is one of the top study-abroad countries in the world since it is affordable and offers many jobs and permanent residency options. In 2021, more than 620,000 international students studied in Canada. About 450,000 new study visas were also given to the country.
These are the top five advantages for Indian students studying in Canada:
1. According to a report by CIC News, Canada has acknowledged that from 2022–2023, there will be a rise in the number of international students holding study permits, reaching around 753,000. This indicates that students will have more options for studying in the country.
2. Canada also intends to investigate the extension of the Student Direct Stream (SDS), which enables applicants from various nations to get study permits more quickly.
3. To address the labor shortfall in the nation, Canada also intends to encourage overseas students to apply for permanent residency.
4. The Canadian immigration department has committed to providing monthly information on backlogs to assist overseas students in tracking their applications.
5. As a temporary solution, Canada has also allowed international students to work more than 20 hours a week off campus. This option is also open to foreign nationals who have previously applied for a study permit.